Dis-ease. Yep. I am ill at ease with my body. In the midst of an autoimmune flare up with "angry inflammation" causing pain and tightness in my joints and muscles. I'm walking through mud with weights on my arms and legs. I feel my eyelids closing while watching tv, or typing, or driving (yipes). Brain fog is my constant unwelcome companion. I have to chuckle at myself when I hobble around in the morning. I thought I celebrated my 33rd birthday last April ... was I mistaken and it was actually my 83rd? Or was I hit by a truck and somehow forgot?


Disease and chronic health conditions can make you feel robbed of your youth and completely confused about what on earth you can DO to help yourself. Somebody - tell us what to do. We want some answers. When you google search and 47 results stare back at you, waiting to be clicked ... where do you start?

I think it has to start with questions. You need to become a student of your body. What symptoms am I feeling? When did this start? What foods did I eat prior to this flare up or set back? Did I miss taking one of my supplements? What stressors have I been faced with lately? How has my sleep and water intake been recently? You can't look for answers until you've asked the right questions.

Every body is unique. Some things that are "happy-makers" for one individual would set me back with 2 days of body aches or digestive upset. Food sensitivities, genetic makeup and personal preferences are all very important when laying out a healing plan. You can find a ridiculous amount of crazy ideas that someone has run with - and achieved success. That same cockamamie idea could work for 50+ others with glowing results. But then your BFF and you give it a try to break your frustrating weight loss plateau and you gain 7 pounds? Hmmm... now THAT wasn't in those amazing testimonials! Every Body is unique.

Get to know yourself. "Hey self , it's me. How are ya? And have you seen my youth around here anywhere?"

(pill photo by graur razan ionut)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design Studio (© Copyright 2011)